Intermediate Carpentry is an eight-week National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) certificate course. This training runs approximately 30 hours a week. It includes the Construction Boot Camp curriculum as well.
Students will become familiar with:
- Construction Boot Camp: Introduction to Blueprint Reading, Construction Math, Basic Safety, Introduction to Hand and Power Tools, Basic Communication Skills, and Basic Employability Skills.
- Building Materials, Fasteners, and adhesives
- Hand and Power Tools
- Reading plans and elevations
- Floor Systems
- Wall and Ceiling Framing
- Roof Framing
- Introduction to Concrete, Reinforcing Materials, and Forms
- Windows and Exterior Doors
- Basic Stair Layout
- Students will have the opportunity to put all of these subjects together in constructing a full-sized shed as a team.
You will gain skills necessary to possibly start a career in carpentry. Appropriate work clothes and closed-toe shoes are required, boots preferred. There are a limited number of openings for students in this course so be sure to register early! Attendance during the entire training is mandatory in order to receive certificates.